I'm linking up with Fourth Grade Flipper again to share what I am trying this year for collecting student work...
I'm trying something different this year, and I LOVE it so far! I'm having my students turn all their work in to different pockets in a "Turn It In" binder. (Disclaimer - I got the idea either from Pinterest or from someone's blog, but now I can't seem to find it to give credit. If I stole this idea from you, let me know so I can give you credit! And thank you, thank you, thank you for making my life easier!)
1. It's easy to look and see who hasn't turned something in yet.
2. I mark absent students (or students who are at speech, etc.) right on the list so it's easy to see why I may not have work for everyone.
3. When there's just a pocket to turn in the paper, students HAVE to put it in neatly, and most of them put it right side up!
4. When I'm ready to take papers home to grade, I just grab the binder and throw it in my bag.
5. There are only 8 page protectors, so I can't let papers pile up too much!
FREEBIE: If you like the binder cover I made, you can grab it FREE in my TPT Store! Just click on the picture!