I ran across the idea of making breakfast in a coffee mug on Pinterest, and I started playing around with some recipes. Some of them were terribly gooey, some were okay. After a lot of trial and error, I finally found a base muffin recipe that I liked. Then comes the fun... once you have the base recipe, you can start adding things... whatever you have on hand.
Pyrex glass dish if I want to take it to work with me. First planning in the morning has its drawbacks, but it also means I can eat breakfast while I plan!
plastic storage container in my spice cabinet. Then I can just sprinkle a little on top of my batter, and I'm ready to go.
Blueberry Buckle Muffin in a Mug
Prep time: 5 minutes • Cook time: 2-3 minutes • Total time: 7-8 minutes
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ c + 2 tbsp self-rising flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ c milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp flour
- Melt the butter in a coffee mug or small glass dish.
- Add flour, sugar, milk, vanilla, and lemon juice. Mix well with a fork.
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- For topping: Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour until evenly distributed. Sprinkle a little of the topping on top of muffin batter. Store remaining topping in an airtight container.
- Cook 2 minutes 15 seconds in microwave. (Microwave cooking times vary. This time is perfect for my 1000w microwave.)